Click the YouTube link below to watch me and a panel of talented authors discuss the delicate balance of managing work, life, an author platform, and quality time for writing.
Mark your Calendar!
GoIndieNow’s LIVE Character Panel Discussion: Friday, February 17 at 9pm Eastern
Join me and a panel of authors chat LIVE about creating 3-dimensional characters dealing with real life issues and emotions.
Our topics of discussion will include:
- Preparing our characters for the story.
- How the author is or is not a part of the character.
- Tricks to writing relatable human and supernatural features.
- Prepping for a character’s death, and how characters cope with death.
- Tapping into the dark side without losing ourselves.
The show runs about an hour and 15 minutes. Everyone watching will have access to a LIVE chat where they can participate in our discussion. I hope you’ll join us!
Do you ever wonder what goes into writing a novel? Are you curious if your favorite author has it all figured out before he or she sits down to write, or if the story is a discovery process from beginning to end? There’s no right or wrong answer. Writing is personal. But the majority of us creative types do a bit of brainstorming, either before or during the process. This ranges from scribbling on sticky notes to a detailed outline that could pass for a book itself. No matter the process, stories emerge and the writer is never quite the same when he or she types “The End.”
I was honored that Christie Stratos asked me to be a panelist on The Writer’s Edge’s outlining discussion. We had a great time talking about our processes, no two the same, and we not only shared our strategies and secrets but a few laughs, too! Huge thanks to Christie for hosting our awesome panel!
Check out the video below to see what we had to say.
Check out BREAKING EVIL‘s Book Tour from 1/23 – 2/3 and enter for your chance to win a $25 Amazon Gift Card!
January 24 – Books, Dreams, Life
January 25 – T’s Stuff
January 26 – Book Junkie Mom
January 27 – Books are Love
January 27 – Eskimo Princess
January 28 – Evermore Books
January 29 – Natural Bri
January 29 – Bound 2 Escape
January 30 – Literary Musings
January 31 – Quiet Fury Books
February 1 – Authors that Rock
February 2 – All Things Bookaholics
February 3 – Drink Coffee and Read Books
February 4 – RABT Reviews
One year ago, Sera Murano chose evil.
She left her human world behind to transform into an Ensoul, a rare and powerful demon, all to fight the evil she was about to become.
Working for her father Lorenzo, the leader of all demons, she secretly vowed to overturn his plot to destroy humankind.
That is, until demon hunters attack Sera and her beloved, Damon, and the truth about the human-demon war is revealed.
Torn between the human life of her past and the supernatural one she lives now, Sera must decide who is the worse enemy: evil or humanity.
To win the battle of her life, Sera is forced to do the unthinkable, taking drastic measures and risking the lives of those she loves most.
She must fight to the death against the only supernatural leader she’s ever known, all for a chance to break the cycle of evil.
Happy New Year!
Let’s get 2017 off to a fantastic start! Here are my top ten quotes to live by this year so you can make it your BEST YEAR YET!
- “Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess. Just breathe and have faith that everything will work out for the best.” – Unknown
- “Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing, your attitude when you have everything.” – Unknown
- “Greatness is not found in possessions, power, position, or prestige. It is discovered in goodness, humility, service, & character.” – WA Ward
- “You cannot control everything that happens to you; you can only control the way you respond to what happens. In your response is your power.” – Unknown
- “You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.” – John Bunyan
- “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work and learning from failure.” – Colin Powell“
- “Don’t worry what others are doing. Do you!” – Russell Simmons
- “Eventually all things fall into place. Until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moments, and know everything happens for a reason.” – Albert Schweitzer
- “Kiss slowly, laugh insanely, live truly and forgive quickly.” – Paulo Coelho
- “The only wealth which you will keep forever is the wealth you have given away.” – Marcus Aurelius